Thursday, August 30, 2012

Johnny Depp

So I sat down today and decided to just have a Johnny Depp movie marathon. I have found that his movies all have this coy underlying tone; making me realize that actors, much like writers, have a voice they want to portray. Which led me to a knew thought; what's my voice?

Like any person who loves to write I want to write the next great American novel. But, what would it be about? There doesn't seem to be a complete thought of what I could write that would set my book apart from those already written. Having studied literature for so many years I have an appreciation for the old styles. There's something about a good satire that warms the soul.

On that thought it came to me! The only way to write a great novel is to just write; unbiased by the thoughts of others and not caring about them. With my new found prolific thought in process I have decided to go to the drawing board.

Here's to my first day of many to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment