Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas 2011

As the 25th of December quickly approaches I find myself not in the holiday spirit this year. The concept of buying presents is more depressing than exciting; and planning my travel pattern is nothing more than a headache. I don't know when I became so unchristmasy (yes I made up a word to express my sentiment) but there is something about this year that just isn't doing it for me. I just feel like the real meaning of Christmas is lost. Everyone is so worried about what to buy, who is gonna spend more money than another and it's all so exhausting. Who cares what you get, shouldn't it be about spending time with family, getting to see people you haven't seen in months or years; and if you're spending it with people you see on a regular basis they probably spend a significant amount of time and money on you already. Even kids these days think Christmas is about asking for expensive presents they wouldn't other wise get, and parents spend money they don't have on getting them it; with the hope that they will give their children an amazing Christmas. 

It's not that I'm a s Scrooge and I'm saying bah humbug to Christmas, but can we seriously stop worrying about how much someone spends and just be happy they're still alive and here to give us a hug. Be grateful that we can still hear their voice and bust their balls, because in a year you probably won't remember what they bought you, but you'll remember what they looked like and what they said to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment